What is CryoShape™?
CryoShape™ is a patented intralesional double lumen
probe for treating Keloid and Hypertrophic
Scars, manufactured and developed by Etgar Group, Ltd. The CryoShape device is a hand-held cryosurgical instrument for destroying deep tissue through intralesional intervention utilizing an extremely cold cprobe. The elegant CryoShape probe effectively treats Keloid and Hypertrophic Scars via a direct thermal effect on the deep scar material as well as causing softening and normalization of collagen within and surrounding the scar.
Unlike other procedures, CryoShape requires only one single session to significantly reduce scar volume. Quick alleviation of pruritus, pain, discomfort, and tenderness means patients can leave the office same day with little recovery time. The single-needle insertion procedure is simple to perform, performed using a local anesthetic, allows minimal pigmentation changes, and virtually no risk of worsening the scar. In more than 97% of the cases performed, no scar recurrence was observed.
In contrast, other treatment options require several treatments over a prolonged time with modest success rates (pressure therapy and topical applications of silicones, gels and other adhesives), present risk of skin atrophy and scar depression (corticosteroid injections), or extremely high risk of recurrence (surgical excisions). A scientific comparison between CryoShape results and those of contact cryosurgery clearly demonstrates the superiority of the CryoShape for treating the scar at the origin and sparing of the uninvolved surrounding skin.
Single In-Office Procedure
The CryoShape device and procedure have been designed for physician simplicity as well as maximum patient effectiveness. The freezing temperature generated by CryoShape is skin friendly, penetrating and affecting only the scar area sparing normal uninvolved tissue. The CryoShape technique freezes the scars from the inside, thus providing penetration to deep scar tissue, in order to block further blood circulation in the unwanted tissue. While performing CryoShape, the targeted area is easily anesthetized, allowing the physician to perform the brief procedure without discomfort to the patient—including after the treatment. Post treatment wound care is very simple, the patient may resume full activity, including return to work, the following day.
No sutures are involved in the procedure and the targeted area is easily anesthetized, making the treatment virtually painless for the patient.
The CryoShape device is designed for use in the treatment of keloid and hypertrophic scars in order to achieve optimal results. Efficacy is achieved due to:
- Direct treatment of the deep scar material.
- The increased freezing area, along the whole extent of the scar.
Clear Advantages Over Other Treatments
- Significant reduction in scar volume after one treatment.
- Most cases require only a single session.
- Quick alleviation of pruritus, pain, discomfort and tenderness.
- Minimal or no hypopigmentation or other side effects.
- The procedure consists of a single needle insertion (excluding local anesthetic), allowing the patient to leave the clinic immediately following the treatment.
- Large scars can also be treated using the CryoShape.
- Multiple scars may be treated in a single session.
- Rapid healing process; minimal postoperative care is required.
- In most cases (>97%) no scar recurrence is observed.
- Clinically no worsening of scar has been observed.
In contrast, other treatment options require several treatments over a prolonged time with modest success rates (pressure therapy and topical applications of silicones, gels and other adhesives), present risk of skin atrophy and scar depression (corticosteroid injections), or extremely high risk of recurrence (surgical excisions). A comparison of CryoShape
outcomes and those of contact cryo-surgery clearly demonstrates the superiority of CryoShape as treating the scar at the origin. CryoShape is an effective choice to treat Keloid and Hypertrophic Scars at virtually every location on the body.
What is needed to perform the procedure?
- CryoShape probe
- CryoPro pressurized canister (2 are recommend for uninterrupted treatment)
- Source of liquid nitrogen